The Geek Refuge

Thursday, April 20, 2006

PS2 Price Drop!


Well, it happened again. Starting today, April 20th, the Playstation 2 has dropped in price to $129.99. This does, of course, include both the old fat style, as well as the new slim PS2. While it can't beat the $99.99 price tag of the Nintendo Gamecube, this might bring a few more non-PS2 owners into the Playstation fold. All 13 of them left in the world.

Seriously, this is a pretty good deal. The slim PS2 comes with the system, all the cords, and a controller. The network adapter is alreayd built-in to the slim version. The PS2 sports the largest game library of any of the current gen systems, as well as the fact that it is a DVD player. I can't think of a reason not to get one, unless you aren't a gamer, in which case you shouldn't be reading this blog anyway, right?

7 Comments:

Blogger Tomleecee said...

I was reading about this on the BBC website, but only because Sony arent dropping the price in the UK. Saying that though, you can pick one up for about £50-£60 used, so it's no big deal.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Ender said...

I'm a little sketchy on the conversion rate to GBP; what does 50-60 translate to in dollars? I'm guessing it is roughly the same price as a used PS2 here, which is around $100.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

I still need to get with you on mine......sorry but this house stuff is keeping us busy but hope to get with you next week.

btw...have you decided on a template yet??

4:20 PM  
Blogger Ender said...

Haven't decided on one yet.....the "make-your-own" ones were not to my liking, and the only one that I saw from the "Caz Collection" was a simple 3-column setup. It seems functional, but lacking in personality. I dunno, I was hoping for something that has a style in keeping with my subject matter: tech and games. Any thoughts?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

yeah I know what you mean about finding ones that you like. I did like the Spiderman 2 based template but I didnt want to base my blogs template on a movie that came out a couple of years ago......another idea would be to get someone to design it for you but you will have to pay for it. Sometimes they are pretty reasonable. If you go that route and find someone that does a good job, let me know!!!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Ender said...

That's not a bad idea....I bet I could get someone to make one for me.....If anyone happens to read this that can make templates, email me!

geekrefuge@gmail.com

4:59 AM  
Blogger Ross said...

Tomleecee, you might want to just go and buy a new PS2. Or have hope and try to wait for the PS2 to drop in the U.K. (however long that may be). Buying a used one might not be as good of an idea because the parts in the PS2 (and Xbox) can become worn out faster than many other consoles. Just a warning...

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home